Game File Reference
- Deck: a PHP component to manage cards (deck, hands, picking cards, moving cards, shuffle deck, ...).
- Draggable: a JS component to manage drag'n'drop actions.
- Counter: a JS component to manage a counter that can increase/decrease (ex: player's score).
- ExpandableSection: a JS component to manage a rectangular block of HTML than can be displayed/hidden.
- Scrollmap: a JS component to manage a scrollable game area (useful when the game area can be infinite. Examples: Saboteur or Takenoko games).
- Stock: a JS component to manage and display a set of game elements displayed at a position.
- Zone: a JS component to manage a zone of the board where several game elements can come and leave, but should be well displayed together (See for example: token's places at Can't Stop).
Undocumented component (if somebody knows please help with docs)
- Wrapper: a JS component to wrap a <div> element around its child, even if these elements are absolute positioned.
Game Development Process
Guides for Common Topics
Game replay is managed by the framework. You do not need to do anything special about it in your code, except taking care of updating the client interface through the framework notification system (and not for example, by using the callback function of an ajaxcall).
The game replay works like this:
- The static files for the game at the time of the game start are archived
- All notifications sent to the browser are added to the archive
- When replaying, the static files are loaded in the browser, then notifications are sent back to replay the game moves.
So in essence, the replay works like an exact recording.
NB: the game replay feature is now available on the studio (since December 2020). Please note that there may be a delay before the replay becomes available.