Difference between revisions of "Gamehelpnidavellir"
m (Category:Card games, Tips_nidavellir link)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 14:35, 26 December 2021
For tips on how to play nidavellir, see Tips_nidavellir
- 20 Blacksmith cards
- 16 Hunter cards
- 16 Explorer cards
- 18 Warrior cards
- 16 Miner cards
- 1 Special Blacksmith card (Blacksmith Distinction)
- 5 Distinction cards
- 5 Royal Offering cards
- 21 Hero cards
- Base coins: 0×5 2×5 3×5 4×5 5×5
- 1 special coin 3 (Hunter Distinction)
- 34 Royal Treasure coins: 5×2 6×2 7×3 8×2 9×3 10×2 11×3 12×2 13×2 14×2 15×1 16×1 17×1 18×1 19×1 20×1 21×1 22×1 23×1 24×1 25×1
- 5 Basic gems: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- 1 Special gem 6 (Miner Distinction)
- each player gets the 5 basic coins
- gems are distributed randomly
- 5 players → gems: 1 2 3 4 5
- 4 players → gems: 2 3 4 5
- 3 players → gems: 3 4 5
- 2 players → gems: 4 5
- tavern signs are placed on the table
- Hero cards can be viewed by clicking on the 6 colored arrow like stripe on the left
- Distinction cards can be viewed by ...
- coins are put in the Royal Treasure
- cards marked with (5) are removed from the game, if there are less then 5 players
- Age 1 cards are shuffled
- Age 2 cards are shuffled
- Enter the Dwarves: Dwarf cards equal to the number of players are placed below each tavern sign (this is automatic)
- Bids: Assign one of your 5 coins - face down - to each of the 3 taverns.
- Resolve each tavern one by one: Turn over only the coins assigned to the tavern currently being resolved.
- Bid Revelation: The tokens placed by each player to the current tavern is revealed automatically.
- Choose a card: The active player takes a Dwarf or Royal Offering card.
- Recruit a Hero: If active player just filled up a new row, (s)he can take a hero card.
- Replace coins: If active player played 0, add up the values of the 2 coins in your pouch, and replace the bigger with the coin showing the sum.
- Royal Offering: Add the offering value to any one of your non-zero coins - including one assigned to a tavern that has not yet been resolved - and replace that coin with one of the resulting value from the Royal Treasure chest. If the replaced coin originally came from the chest, put it back there, otherwise return it to the game box. If you change the coin that you assigned to the current tavern, the original coin value still applies when deciding whether and how to swap jewels.
End of Age 1: Troop Evaluation
Majorities for the different classes are awarded the Distinction cards:
- The King's Hand: Majority of Warriors Add +5 to one of your coins.
- Hunting Master: Majority of Hunters Trade your 0 coin for a special coin with a value of 3.
- Crown Jeweler: Majority of Miners Gain special value 6 Gem. Does not get traded, you will always win ties. +3 to Final Bravery Value.
- King's Great Armorer: Majority of Blacksmiths Gain special Blacksmith worth 2 ranks. May trigger recruitment of a Hero card.
- Pioneer of the Kingdom: Majority of Explorers Draw 3 cards from Age 2 deck, keep 1. Gain benefit accordingly.
End of Age 2: End of Game
When all Age 2 cards have been taken total your Final Bravery Value:
- Your Bravery Value for each class
- The Bravery Value on each Neutral Hero in your Command Zone
- The total value of your gold coins.
- Specific Bonuses:
- Special value 6 gem gains +3 to Bravery Value
- Having the most ranks in Warriors will allow you to add your highest value coin a second time.
List of Heroes
Basic Game (Neutral Heroes)
- Astrid: Worth points equal to your highest coin.
- Dwerg: Worth 13, 40, 81, 108 or 135 points depend on the numbers.
- Grid: Worth 7 points. Add 7 to one of your coins.
- Skaa: Worth 17 points.
- Thrud: Worth 13 points. Move her to any column when she is about to be covered. Remove from columns before scoring.
- Uline: Worth 9 points. Place coins last. When trading, choose any 2 coins from your hand.
- Ylud: 11 points if explorer, 7 points if warrior and 1 point if miner. Move him to any column after each round.
Basic Game (Ranked Heroes)
- Aegur (Blacksmith): 2 ranks.
- Bonfur (Blacksmith): 3 ranks. Discard a dwarf.
- Hourya (Explorer): Worth 20 points. Can only be recruited with at least 5 explorer ranks.
- Idunn (Explorer): Worth 7 points plus 2 points for each explorer rank.
- Aral (Hunter): 2 ranks.
- Dagda (Hunter) 3 ranks. Discard 2 dwarves of different ranks.
- Lokdur (Miner): 1 rank of 3.
- Zoral (Miner): 3 ranks of 1, 0 and 0.
- Kraal (Warrior): 2 ranks of 7 and 0.
- Tarah (Warrior): 1 rank of 14.
- Andumia: Worth 12 points. You can take a card from the discard pile.
- Holda: Worth 12 points. Choose an artifact or a mercenary from the camp.
- Khrad: Worth 4 points. Immediately add 10 to your lowest value coin (except trading coin).
- Jarika: Worth 8 points. Add 2 for all coin tradings or transformations.
- Olwyn: Worth 9 points. Put his two doubles in your army. They are 0 points but worth 1 rank.
- Zolkur: Worth 10 points. Trade the lower coin instead of the higher in your next coin trade.
- First Game: Remove Uline, Ylud and Thrud.
- Instead of recruiting a dwarf, the highest bidder can take a magic artifact or a mercenary from the camp.
- All magic artifacts apply immediately, including any bad effects.
- All merceniaries are placed in the command zone when bought. It can take either of the 2 classes listed on it.
- At the end of each tavern resolvation, discard any dwarves left.
- At the end of each round, the player with the lowest gem can choose to place mercenaries first or last.
- Then, each player places all of their merceniaries in their army, potentially recruiting heroes.
List of Thingvellir Artifacts
- Brisingamens: Immediately take 2 cards from the discard pile. At the end of the game, discard a dwarf.
- Draupnir: Score 6 points for each coin value at least 15.
- Fafnir Baleygr: You can go to the camp if the highest bidder didn't go to the camp.
- Gjallarhorn: Immediately recruit a hero. However, it counts towards your hero count.
- Hofud: All opponents choose a warrior to discard.
- Megingjord: Score 28 points. You can no longer recuit heroes by making rank lines.
- Hrafnsmerki: Score 5 points for each mercenary.
- Jarnglofi: Score 24 points. Immediately discard your trading coin. If it is placed in an unresolved tavern, take no cards in it.
- Mjollnir: At the end of the game, choose a class. Score 2 points for each rank in that class.
- Svalinn: Score 5 points for each hero.
- Vegvisir: Counts as a 13 point explorer.
- Vidofnir & Vedrfolnir: Add 2 and 3 to each of the coins in your pouch. If one of them is the trading coin, add 5 to the other.
The Age I and Age II decks contain the following card distribution. The parts in  are only used in a 5 player game.
- 8  Blacksmith cards: x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, [x, x]
- 6  Hunter cards: x, x, x, x, x, x, [x, x]
- 6  Explorer cards: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 
- 8  Warrior cards: 3, 4, 5, 6, 6, 7, 8, 9, 
- 6  Miner cards: 0, 0, 1, 1, 2, 2, [0, 1]
There are also cards that add +5 to a coin:
Age I has 1  cards Age II has 2  cards