- 20 Blacksmith cards
- 16 Hunter cards
- 16 Explorer cards
- 18 Warrior cards
- 16 Miner cards
- 1 Special Blacksmith card (Blacksmith Distinction)
- 5 Distinction cards
- 5 Royal Offering cards
- 21 Hero cards
- Base coins: 0×5 2×5 3×5 4×5 5×5
- 1 special coin 3 (Hunter Distinction)
- 34 Royal Treasure coins: 5×2 6×2 7×3 8×2 9×3 10×2 11×3 12×2 13×2 14×2 15×1 16×1 17×1 18×1 19×1 20×1 21×1 22×1 23×1 24×1 25×1
- 5 Basic gems: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- 1 Special gem 6 (Miner Distinction)
- each player gets the 5 basic coins
- gems are distributed randomly
- 5 players → gems: 1 2 3 4 5
- 4 players → gems: 2 3 4 5
- 3 players → gems: 3 4 5
- 2 players → gems: 4 5
- tavern signs are placed on the table
- Hero cards can be viewed by clicking on the 6 colored arrow like stripe on the left
- Distinction cards can be viewed by ...
- coins are put in the Royal Treasure
- cards marked with (5) are removed from the game, if there are less then 5 players
- Age 1 cards are shuffled
- Age 2 cards are shuffled
- Enter the Dwarves: Dwarf cards equal to the number of players are placed below each tavern sign (this is automatic)
- Bids: Place one of your 5 coins to each of the 3 taverns.
- Resolve each tavern one by one
- Bid Revelation: The tokens placed by each player to the current tavern is revealed automatically.
- Choose a card: The active player takes a Dwarf or Royal Offering card.
- Recruit a Hero: If active player just filled up a new row, (s)he can take a hero card.
- Replace coins: If active player played 0, add up the values of the 2 coins in your pouch, and replace the bigger with the coin showing the sum.
End of Age 1: Troop Evaluation
Majorities for the different classes are awarded the Distinction cards:
- The King's Hand: Majority of Warriors Add +5 to one of your coins.
- Hunting Master: Majority of Hunters Trade your 0 coin for a special coin with a value of 3.
- Crown Jeweler: Majority of Miners Gain special value 6 Gem. Does not get traded, you will always win ties. +3 to Final Bravery Value.
- King's Great Armorer: Majority of Blacksmiths Gain special Blacksmith worth 2 ranks. May trigger recruitment of a Hero card.
- Pioneer of the Kingdom: Majority of Explorers Draw 3 cards from Age 2 deck, keep 1. Gain benefit accordingly.
End of Age 2: End of Game
When all Age 2 cards have been taken total your Final Bravery Value:
- Your Bravery Value for each class
- The Bravery Value on each Neutral Hero in your Command Zone
- The total value of your gold coins.
- Specific Bonuses:
- Special value 6 gem gains +3 to Bravery Value
- Having the most ranks in Warriors will allow you to add your highest value coin a second time.
List of Heroes
Basic Game (Neutral Heroes)
- Astrid: Worth points equal to your highest coin.
- Dwerg: Worth 13, 40, 81, 108 or 135 points depend on the numbers.
- Grid: Worth 7 points. Add 7 to one of your coins.
- Skaa: Worth 17 points.
- Thrud: Worth 13 points. Move her to any column when she is about to be covered. Remove from columns before scoring.
- Uline: Worth 9 points. Place coins last. When trading, choose any 2 coins from your hand.
- Ylud: 11 points if explorer, 7 points if warrior and 1 point if miner. Move him to any column after each round.
Basic Game (Ranked Heroes)
- Aegur (Blacksmith): 2 ranks.
- Bonfur (Blacksmith): 3 ranks. Discard a dwarf.
- Hourya (Explorer): Worth 20 points. Can only be recruited with at least 5 explorer ranks.
- Idunn (Explorer): Worth 7 points plus 2 points for each explorer rank.
- Aral (Hunter): 2 ranks.
- Dagda (Hunter) 3 ranks. Discard 2 dwarves of different ranks.
- Lokdur (Miner): 1 rank of 3.
- Zoral (Miner): 3 ranks of 1, 0 and 0.
- Kraal (Warrior): 2 ranks of 7 and 0.
- Tarah (Warrior): 1 rank of 14.
- Andumia: Worth 12 points. You can take a card from the discard pile.
- Holda: Worth 12 points. Choose an artifact or a mercenary from the camp.
- Khrad: Worth 4 points. Immediately add 10 to your lowest value coin (except trading coin).
- Jarika: Worth 8 points. Add 2 for all coin tradings or transformations.
- Olwyn: Worth 9 points. Put his two doubles in your army. They are 0 points but worth 1 rank.
- Zolkur: Worth 10 points. Trade the lower coin instead of the higher in your next coin trade.
- First Game: Remove Uline, Ylud and Thrud.
- Instead of recruiting a dwarf, the highest bidder can take a magic artifact or a mercenary from the camp.
- All magic artifacts apply immediately, including any bad effects.
- All merceniaries are placed in the command zone when bought. It can take either of the 2 classes listed on it.
- At the end of each tavern resolvation, discard any dwarves left.
- At the end of each round, the player with the lowest gem can choose to place mercenaries first or last.
- Then, each player places all of their merceniaries in their army, potentially recruiting heroes.
List of Thingvellir Artifacts
- Brisingamens: Immediately take 2 cards from the discard pile. At the end of the game, discard a dwarf.
- Draupnir: Score 6 points for each coin value at least 15.
- Fafnir Baleygr: You can go to the camp if the highest bidder didn't go to the camp.
- Gjallarhorn: Immediately recruit a hero. However, it counts towards your hero count.
- Hofud: All opponents choose a warrior to discard.
- Megingjord: Score 28 points. You can no longer recuit heroes by making rank lines.
- Hrafnsmerki: Score 5 points for each mercenary.
- Jarnglofi: Score 24 points. Immediately discard your trading coin. If it is placed in an unresolved tavern, take no cards in it.
- Mjollnir: At the end of the game, choose a class. Score 2 points for each rank in that class.
- Svalinn: Score 5 points for each hero.
- Vegvisir: Counts as a 13 point explorer.
- Vidofnir & Vedrfolnir: Add 2 and 3 to each of the coins in your pouch. If one of them is the trading coin, add 5 to the other.
The Age I and Age II decks contain the following card distribution. The parts in  are only used in a 5 player game.
- 8  Blacksmith cards: x, x, x, x, x, x, x, x, [x, x]
- 6  Hunter cards: x, x, x, x, x, x, [x, x]
- 6  Explorer cards: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 
- 8  Warrior cards: 3, 4, 5, 6, 6, 7, 8, 9, 
- 6  Miner cards: 0, 0, 1, 1, 2, 2, [0, 1]
There are also cards that add +5 to a coin:
Age I has 1  cards Age II has 2  cards