Contact BGA Studio
This page is to find solutions for technical issues or manual steps related to games development on BGA Studio.
To contact BGA team if you are a player or a publisher (i.e. not a game software developer) please use this form https://en.boardgamearena.com/faq?anchor=faq_team_contact
Studio Accounts Management
BGA player account is not the same as studio account (even if you name them the same).
- Create studio account https://studio.boardgamearena.com (if you already logged in logout first)
- Resend welcome email (original) https://studio.boardgamearena.com/account?page=welcomeemail
- Same if you forgot database or ftp account
- Still cannot get email, tried searching in junk for BGA, contact studio via https://studio.boardgamearena.com/support
- Forgot password https://studio.boardgamearena.com/account?page=lostpassword
- Cannot ftp
- See section "Help with Game development or setup"
- Upload ssh key https://studio.boardgamearena.com/controlpanel
Studio Games Management
- Game management control panel located in Gear link if you click on your Account circle, direct link https://studio.boardgamearena.com/controlpanel
- This allows to create projects, delete projects and manage projects
- Access to other project's source code
- Any developer can add themselves to a project as read-only from https://studio.boardgamearena.com/projects page (almost any project).
- If project is not there - its either does not have bgg id, already published (in this case check radio button on this page) or was not developed on studio (some old games).
- You can also try to use direct link https://studio.boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=template (replace template with game name in the link)
- If you prefer github see https://en.doc.boardgamearena.com/BGA_Code_Sharing
- Access to frontend
- Even if you cannot get source access via studio, you can see the java code, css and images asset by using Browser dev tools, see Practical_debugging
- Push game to Alpha or Beta
- You cannot do it yourself, you have to go though checklist first https://en.doc.boardgamearena.com/Pre-release_checklist then use Request Alpha or Request Beta button in control panel
- Your project seems to be deleted after you came back a year after - create a new project with SAME name as before (you have to remember name) - it will be restored
- You have permission issues syncing files, but you are admin - re-add yourself as admin via control panel. DO NOT delete yourself, just type name, select Admin and click add.
- You managed to delete yourself from your own project - require admin interferance - contact studio via https://studio.boardgamearena.com/support
- You want to take over abandoned game
- Please first ask on dev forum or discord - it may not be actually abandoned
- You don't actually need to use that project, CLONE the game using control panel (create new project with similar name, copy over). If you don't abandon your project, finish the game and its ready to be published - admin can rename it
- If you really think you need read or write access which you cannot get yourself - contact studio via https://studio.boardgamearena.com/support
Help with Game development or setup
If you stuck or looking for help in regards to development (even if you think there is bug in framework) please contact fellow developers first before attempting to contact any of admins
- Google it, you may find an answer unlreated to bga
- Post question of DISCORD chat server for BGA developers (invite link https://discord.gg/YxEUacY). Do not go there if you are bga user, there is another server for that!
- Search and/or post on Development forum
- If you think there is bug in studio or APIs check these bugs Bug tracking system FOR STUDIO issues and APIs. You can also submit a bug there
Also some specific reading may help
- Studio development setup - Tools and tips of BGA Studio
- Debugging - Practical debugging
- Completely Stuck - Troubleshooting
- Anything else - Studio
Help with Game assets or licenses
- Graphics help https://en.doc.boardgamearena.com/Game_art:_img_directory
- Request game assets (graphcs) - https://studio.boardgamearena.com/support
You can file a request that will land in the BGA ticketing system from the studio support page.
Pretty please use text above to solve your problems before filing a support request.