Jump to navigation Jump to search
There are many main strategies in Splendor, which applies for everyone and have no preference over one another. Here are some of them:
- First, reserve important cards, mostly level 2. This can prevent opponents to get them.
- Then, buy a few level 1 cards, at least 1 of each type. This should build up your basic engine.
- After that, start buying cards you reserved and reserve new cards, gaining you lots of points.
- Do note that you can reserve cards from the deck, which is a good thing when you don't want to destroy the current position.
- If you notice your opponent aiming for a card, reserve them first to waste their effort.
- This strategy is what strong players usually do. Therefore when the gold stock is empty, consider other ways to counter...
- First, buy about 7-9 level 1 cards to get discounts.
- Secondly, buy cards that can get you nobles. That are valuable in return of your engines.
- Lastly, start buying point cards with little cost after discount. Some better players can even get cards for free!
- This strategy is mostly useful for players who have some gaming experience. Do note that everyone wants them and it can be tricky!
- First, sellect a target. You can reserve it if you want. Then, start collecting lots of gems fpr it.
- You want to get point cards, especially level 2 and 3 ones. Therefore buy any point card if you can afford.
- This strategy is mostly useful for beginners with little experience in gaming. It can be effective, but can be blocked easily.