Difference between revisions of "Gamehelpparisconnection"
(format to display better on BGA page; level 2 headings, tables, etc.)
(__NOTOC__ workaround for display on BGA site)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
== Components ==
== Components ==
Revision as of 13:55, 31 January 2021
There are 6 colors of wooden locomotives, each color representing a different railway company.
Each players is dealt a random supply of 5-10 locomotives, depending on the number of players:
|3 players||10 locomotives|
|4 players||8 locomotives|
|5 players||6 locomotives|
|6 players||5 locomotives|
These locomotives represent the player's stock portfolio and are hidden behind their player screen.
The rest of the locomotives are placed on the storing boards of respective colors.
Each turn the active player must either Build Track or Trade:
The active player takes 1 to 5 locomotives from any one locomotive storing board, and places them on the map. Placement must follow these rules:
- A new locomotive must be placed adjacent to an already placed locomotive of the same color
- Hexes separated by red/white checkered lines on the board are not considered adjacent and cannot be crossed
- Two locomotives of the same color cannot share the same hex
- A rural hex may contain 2 locomotives of different colors, whilst city hexes may ony contain a single locomotive
- The Eiffel tower hex cannot be occupied
- A locomotive cannot be placed in such a way that it would completely "cut off" another color, unless that color has already reached at least one city
When each locomotive is placed, it may be worth points for that company:
- 0 pts : Rural hex
- 1 pts : Beige city
- 2 pts : Purple city
- 3 pts : Red city
- 4 pts : Blue city (Marseille)
The value of each company is immediately updated with these points when a train is placed.
The active player returns 1 locomotive of one company to a storing board, then receives 1 or 2 locomotives of an another company to put behind their player screen. The returned locomotive(s) must be from a different storing board (company).
Locomotives taken and placed behind a player screen represent shares in a company.
Depending on the number of players, a player may only have a certain maximum of locomotives. A player is not prevented from taking more, but this will result in a scoring penalty at the end of the game (see End Game Scoring).
Maximum of locomotives:
|3 players||20 locomotives|
|4 players||15 locomotives|
|5 players||12 locomotives|
|6 players||10 locomotives|
End of Game
The game ends immediately when:
- There are locomotives on only one of the storing boards
- A locomotive has been placed in Marseille
End Game Scoring
Players score Victory Points by multiplying their shares in a company by the value of the company. This is done for each railway company (color), and these are then totalled together.
Any player with more than the maximum number of locomotives also subtracts 20 VP for each extra locomotive above this limit.
The player with the most points is the winner. In case of a tie, there are several winners.