First steps with BGA Studio
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 15:11, 13 April 2013 by Een (Created page with "== Connect to your SFTP folder and to the BGA Studio website == After your account has been created, you will get by email: * the name of the SFTP server to connect to * you...")
Connect to your SFTP folder and to the BGA Studio website
After your account has been created, you will get by email:
- the name of the SFTP server to connect to
- your SFTP login and password
- ten BGA Studio logins ending with a numeral ranging from 0 to 9 and the password needed to use them.
Using this information:
- Connect to the SFTP server using your SFTP login and password, through your favourite SFTP client software (such as WinSCP for example)
- Check than in your home folder you have:
- One folder for each of the three example games (reversi, hearts, gomoku)
- One folder matching the game you will be developing
- One 'resources.html' file
- Open the resources.html file, it contains
- The URL pointing to the BGA Studio website (protected with an HTTP Basic authentication scheme, the login and password are also referenced in the 'resources.html' file
- The URL pointing to the BGA Studio backoffice (please note that you must first be logged in on the BGA Studio website to be able to access the backoffice, as the authentication is shared between the two)
- The URL pointing to the web administration tool for the BGA Studio database.
- Click on the URL to the BGA Studio website, enter the HTTP Basic credentials when prompted for them (and have your browser conveniently memorize them for you). Then you get to an home page just like the one of the main BGA website. Enter one of your ten BGA studio logins to connect as a user.
Launch your game and check how to update it
- Find your game in the 'Play now' section and launch a table
- Use the 'I want between X and X' players to tick down the maximum players number to the minimum
- Click 'Express start': your game launches with the maximum number of players specified. It shows an empty canvas: in the game zone you just have a sentence 'This is your game interface. You can edit this HTML in your ".tpl" file.'.
- Switch to your SFTP home folder, go into your game folder. Edit the game_game.tpl file, and change this sentence to 'Hey, this is my first game!', then save.
- Go back to your browser and refresh, check that the game zone has updated.
- Click on the 'Exit game' icon on the top right, and in the popup choose 'Express game stop'. The game ends automatically and you are brought back to the table screen for this ended game.
- Switch to your game folder, go into the img folder and overwrite your game_box.png file with another image.
- Go back to your browser, empty your browser cache, then refresh the page, and check that the game box image has been updated.
Commit your changes
That's all! Now you know about the basics of updating your game on the studio and testing your changes!