2 Actions per Turn:
During their turn, each player may perform two actions before passing to their opponent. There are four actions available and players may perform the same action twice in one turn.
- 1. Move
Take two of your characters from Main Street, without revealing them, and exchange their positions (or not). If you wish to move a character from the saloon you may take the character in question and two other characters from Main Street.
Leaving the Saloon: If a player wishes to move a character from the Saloon, they first take that character and two other characters from the Main Street. They then move these three characters as per the rules of a normal move, placing one back into the Saloon and two on the Main Street.
The Saloon: The Saloon is a space located to one side of the Main Street and contains two characters. These characters are always visible to both players, and they may not be interacted with while located there. Any character may enter the Saloon with the exception of the Governor, as a man of his standing would never be seen in such an establishment!
- 2. Look at a Token
Reveal one of your characters to your opponent. You may then look at the token located in front of that character, keeping its identity to yourself.
- 3. Take a Token
Reveal one of your characters before Calling Out the identity of the token in front of that character. Reveal that token. If it corresponds to the type stated then you may take that token.
If the token is not the type announced, or it's a Bogus Token (Black X) then it is placed face down in its original position.
Only certain characters may pick up certain tokens:
- Votes may be picked up by anyone except the Governor. [6 Vote Tokens]
- Handcuffs may only be picked up by the Sheriff [3 Handcuff Tokens]
- Bullets may only be picked up by the Hitman [3 Bullet Tokens]
- The Election token may only be picked up by the Governor [1 Election Token]
Replacing Tokens: After taking a token, the line of tokens slides away from the reserve and a new token is placed at the end of the row.
- 4. Use an Ability
You may reveal a character to immediately use their ability. Each character’s ability is unique and some may only be used in specific circumstances.
- The Governor – Reveal the Governor to pick up the Election token if his faction possesses more Vote tokens than his opponent’s.
- The Hitman – Reveal the Hitman and discard one Bullet token to reveal the character across from him. If it is the Governor you successfully assassinate him. If it is any other character the assassination fails. The Bullet token remains discarded and both characters are turned back around.
- The Sheriff - Reveal the Sheriff, discard one Handcuff token, and Call Out either the Hitman or the Bandit to reveal the character across from him. If you correctly Call Out the Hitman you arrest him. If you correctly Call Out the Bandit then he is immobilized and you may recover your Handcuff token from the discard pile. If the Call Out is incorrect, the arrest fails. The Handcuff token remains discarded and both characters are turned back around.
Additionally, if your Sheriff is adjacent to the Governor when a Hitman assassinates him, you may discard a Handcuff token to save the Governor and arrest the Hitman.
Immobilized: When a character is immobilized, they remain revealed and in place. An immobilized character may not move, be moved, be activated or use their abilities in any way. This effect may be cancelled by other characters. When cancelled, turn the character back around. That character may now act normally.
- The Indian – Reveal the Indian to reveal the character opposite him.
- The Storekeep – Reveal the Storekeep to switch the position of two of the three tokens adjacent (opposite and diagonal) to him, or swap one of the three tokens adjacent to him with one from the supply.
- The Dancer – Reveal the Dancer to choose one of the two characters to the left or one of the two characters to the right of the character opposite her. Place that character in front of the Dancer, sliding the others one space over in the appropriate direction.
- The Reporter – Reveal the Reporter and Call Out a character to reveal the character opposite him. If you correctly Call Out the revealed character, take a Headline marker and mark that character’s card. For the rest of the game that character must remain revealed. If the Call Out is incorrect, discard one Headline marker. You may not attempt to perform this action if you have no Headline markers left. The Reporter may never Call Out the Governor.
- The Bandit – Reveal the Bandit and Call Out either the Hitman or the Sheriff to reveal the character opposite him. If you correctly Call Out the Hitman, take a Bullet token from your opponent's stash. If you correctly Call Out the Sheriff, take a Handcuff token from your opponent's stash. If the Call Out is incorrect, the action has no effect and both characters are turned back around.
- The Reverend – After revealing the Reverend, if there is an immobilized Bandit immediately to his left, cancel the immobilized effect.
Additionally, if the Bandit is immobilized or the Hitman is arrested by the Sheriff immediately to the left of the Reverend, you may reveal the Reverend to cancel the effect. Your opponent's Handcuff token remains discarded.
- The Mayor – When revealing a character immediately to the right of the Mayor in order to use their ability, you may also reveal the Mayor to increase the range of that character's ability by 1. Abilities that targeted the character opposite may now target those immediately adjacent to them instead, and the Storekeep has a choice of two of the five tokens adjacent to him. This ability may not be used in conjunction with the Hitman, Dancer or Bandit.
Winning the game:
The Good Way
Your Governor reveals and takes the Election token.
The Bad Way
Your Hitman successfully assassinates your opponent’s Governor.
The Ugly Way
Your Sheriff successfully arrests your opponent’s Hitman.
It may happen that it is not possible for either player to win the game (both players have 3 votes and all 6 Bullet and Handcuff Tokens have been used). As soon as the last of these tokens has been claimed/used, take the three bullet tokens, the three Handcuff tokens, and two Bogus tokens. Shuffle them together and place them randomly in the Main Street. Continue playing until either a Bad or Ugly victory has been achieved!