Harness the powers of the animal spirits to prove that your mastery of the martial arts is stronger. To win you must either place your master on your opponent's temple arch space or capture your opponent's master.
- Each player has 4 students and 1 master. The master starts on the temple arch. The students start 2 on each side of the master.
- Shuffle the 16 move cards and deal 2 to each player face up. Put another card in the middle. Remove the other 11 cards from the game.
- The player with the same color as the stamp in the middle goes first.
- On your turn, do these two actions in order: move and exchange.
Move & Attack
- Choose a move card in front of you.
- Then, choose a pawn and move it as shown on the card. The square grid will show the possible moves.
- The black square in the middle represents the space your chosen pawn occupies. The colored spaces show where your pawn can move in relative
to its starting position. You can move your pawn to any one of the spaces indicated.
- Other pawns and temple arches don't block the movement of the pawn across the board.
- You can never make a move that would cause a pawn to move off the board or move onto the same square as one of your own pawns.
- If your pawn moves onto a square that is occupied by one of your opponent's pawns, the opponent's pawn is captured and removed from the game.
- You must actually land on the piece to capture it - moving over or through a square occupied by an opponent's piece doesn't capture it.
- If you can make a legal move, you must make it. If you can't, skip moving. However you must still exchange.
- Add the move card in the middle to your hand. You may use it starting from the next turn.
- Take the move card you just used and place it in the middle.
- If you couldn't move, you can choose between the two cards in your hand.
- There are two ways to win: the way of the stone or the way of the stream.
- To win in the way of the stone, you must capture your opponent's master pawn.
- To win in the way of the stream, you must move your master pawn to your opponent's temple arch space.