Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Each player gets 10 artichokes, which forms their personal deck. Draw 5 cards.
- Shuffle all non-artichokes to form a garden deck. Place 5 cards from it to form the garden row.
- Prepare a discard pile for each person, and a compost pile.
- On your turn, refill the garden row to 5 cards. If there are 4 or more cards of the same type, reshuffle them into the deck.
- Then, harvest any card from the garden row into your hand.
- After that, play any number of cards. Cards can only be played if all requirements are fulfilled. You cannot play an artichoke unless another card instructs you to do so.
- Next, discard all remaining cards into your discard pile, draw 5 cards and end your turn.
- If a card tells you to compost, place the cards needed into the compost pile. They are out of the game.
End of the Game
- If after drawing, your hand has no artichokes, reveal your hand, say "Abandon all artichokes" and win.
- You don't win if you have no artichokes in the middle of anyone's turn.
- Artichokes: You cannot play an artichoke unless another card instructs you to do so.
- Beet: Choose an opponent. Each of you draws a card from each other and reveals them. If both are artichokes compost them, otherwise swap them. If your opponent ends up with fewer than five cards in their hand after composting an artichoke, they do not draw back up to five cards until the end of their next turn.
- Broccoli: Compost an artichoke if your hand has three or more artichokes.
- Corn: Play this card with an artichoke. Then put a card from the garden row on top of your deck.
- Carrot: As your only action, compost exactly two artichokes, along with this card.
- Eggplant: Compost an artichoke, along with this card. Then, all players simultaneously pass two cards (of their choice) to the player on their left. If a player has fewer than two cards in their hand, pass as many as they are able to.
- Leek: Reveal the top card of an opponent’s deck, and put it on top of their discard pile or into your hand. If they do not have a deck, they must shuffle their discard pile to make one.
- Onion: Compost an artichoke. Put this card on top of another player’s discard pile.
- Pepper: Put a card from your discard pile on top of your deck. If you do not have any cards in your discard pile, you cannot play this card.
- Peas: Reveal the top two cards from the garden stack. Put one on top of your discard pile, the other on top of an opponent’s discard pile.
- Potato: Reveal the top card of your deck. If it’s an artichoke, compost it, otherwise place it on top of your discard pile.
- Artichokes count: If this is on, numbers of artichokes hold by each player is shown publicly.
- Rhubarb: Rhubarb is added to the garden stack. It's power is: Compost it to refresh the garden row. Then harvest a card.