Gamehelpclassicgo: Difference between revisions
|Line 53:||Line 53:|
- No (Paid pass only when playing out to the end after next series of passes).
- No (Paid pass only when playing out to the end after next series of passes). is closer to the Japanese rules due to the absence of paid passes before a stage of designate dead stones .
Revision as of 11:05, 15 August 2020
AGA VARIANT OF GO RULES IS USED AT THIS ADAPTATION OF THE GAME !
GAME OPTIONS OF THIS ADAPTATION:
«Grid size» - game board size; available values:
«Method of counting» - method for counting the score; available values:
- Japanese (counting by territory and opponent's prisoners)
- Chinese (counting by area only)
(Notes: Although players' scores may differ under the two methods, the difference in their scores, and the game result, will be the same)
«Komi and handicaps» - compensation points to white for first black move or handicaps; available values:
- Without komi (without compensation)
- Normal komi (4 points for 19x19 and 5 points for 9x9, 13x13)
- Big komi (for strong players: 7 points for 9x9, 13x13, 19x19)
- Handicap: 1 stone
- Handicap: 2 stones
- Handicap: 3 stones
- Handicap: 4 stones
- Handicap: 5 stones
- Handicap: 6 stones
- Handicap: 7 stones
- Handicap: 8 stones
- Handicap: 9 stones
(Notes: If players have equal points at end of game (draws), then white wins +0.5 point, because komi by rules 0.5(without komi), 4.5, 5.5, 7.5 respectively)
(Notes about handicaps: A game may be played with a handicap to compensate for differences in player strengths. First player (administrator of table) plays white. Second player takes black, and either moves first, giving only 0.5 point compensation to white (this is known as a "one stone handicap"), or places from 2 to 9 stones on the board before the first white move. Handicap stones are placed on predefined intersection on the board automatically.)
«AGA Rules» - AGA rules of Go rules; available values:
- No (Paid pass only when playing out to the end after next series of passes). Variant (Method of counting: Japanese, AGA rules: No) is closer to the Japanese rules due to the absence of paid passes before a stage of designate dead stones (And therefore, you cannot put a stone in your territory without losing one point).