The objective of the game is to use your companions to gain experience by exploring dungeons and fighting monsters. The game consists of 3 delves.
The adventurer roll all 7 party dice to determine his companions.
- Roll a number of dungeon dice equals to the level (up to 10) as the monsters.
- Set aside all dragons: they cannot be rerolled.
- The adventurer can use a scroll to reroll any number of party and/or dungeon dice.
- The adventurer uses his companions to fight monsters. After using, they are moved to the graveyard.
- Tip: when using a scroll or fighting monsters, you must first move all dice you want to use to the Playing Area (dungeon dice and party dice).
- The adventurer can use his hero's ability (specialty or ultimate ability).
- If the monsters are defeated, proceed to the loot phase. Otherwise, the adventurer flees and gain no experience.
- A thief or a champion can be used to open any number of chests. Other companions can only open a chest.
- The adventurer gets a treasure for each opened chest. If there are no treasures left, use an experience as a replacement.
- Any party dice can be used to quaff any number of potions. A potion can revive a companion with its face choosed by the adventurer.
- If there are 3 or more dragons in the lair, the dragon arrives.
- A dragon needs 3 different types of companions to be defeated.
- If the dragon is not defeated, the adventurer flees and gain no experience.
- If the dragon is defeated, the adventurer gains a treasure and 1 experience.
- The adventurer can choose between retire and seek glory.
- If the adventurer chooses to retires, he collects the number of experiences as the level. The delve is over.
- If the adventurer chooses to seek glory, he moves on to the next level with all his remaining active dice. The number of dungeon dice also increases by 1.
- If the level dice is at 10, the adventurer has cleared the dungeon and must retire.
- A cleric can defeat a goblin, an ooze or any number of skeletons.
- A fighter can defeat a skeleton, an ooze or any number of goblins.
- A mage can defeat a goblin, a skeleton or any number of oozes.
- A thief can defeat a monster or used to open any number of chests.
- A champion can defeat any number of a type of monsters or open any number of chests.
They are collected by opening chests and defeating dragons. Each treasure token can be used only once. Unused tokens are worth 1 experience each unless specified.
- Vorpal Sword: Use as a fighter.
- Talisman: Use as a cleric.
- Scepter of Power: Use as a mage.
- Thieves' Tools: Use as a thief.
- Scroll: Use as a scroll.
- Ring of Invisibility: Evade an attacking dragon, but do not collect any treasures.
- Dragon Scales: Each pair of dice is worth 2 additional experiences.
- Elixir: Use as a potion.
- Dragon Bait: Transform all monsters to dragon faces, and move them to the dragon's lair.
- Town Portal: Use when unable to defeat monsters or dragons to collect experiences equal to the level. If unused it is worth 2 points instead of 1.
Heros are avatars that represents adventurers. All heros (except Hero Pack 2) begin the game on its novice side, and is flipped to the master side when 5 experiences is gained. Each hero has a specialty (use as many times as you like) and ultimate ability (usable once per delve).
- Crusader/Paladin: Fighters and clerics used as each other (specialty), used as a fighter or cleric (novice ultimate), discard a treasure to defeat all monsters, open all chests, quaff all potions and discard all dragons (master ultimate)
- Enchantress/Beguiler: Scrolls used as any companion (specialty), transform a monster to a potion (novice ultimate), transform 2 monsters to a potion (master ultimate)
- Half-Goblin/Chieftain: Open chests and quaff potions at any time (specialty), transform a goblin to thief (novice ultimate), transform 2 goblins to thieves (master ultimate)
- Knight/Dragon Slayer: Scrolls become champions (novice specialty), novice and 1 less dice used to defeat a dragon (master specialty), transform all monster to dragons (ultimate)
- Mercenary/Commander: Reroll any number of dice when forming the party (novice specialty), fighters defeat 1 extra monster (master specialty), defeat up to 2 monsters (novice ultimate), reroll any number of party and dungeon dice (master ultimate)
- Minstrel/Bard: Thieves and mages used as each other (novice specialty), novice and champions defeat 1 extra monster (master specialty), discard all dragons (ultimate)
- Occultist/Necromancer: Clerics and mages used as each other (specialty), transform a skeleton to fighter (novice ultimate), transform 2 skeletons to fighters (master ultimate)
- Spellsword/Battlemage: Fighters and mages used as each other (specialty), used as a fighter or mage (novice ultimate), discard all dice in dragon's lair (master ultimate)
Hero Pack 1
- Alchemist/Thaumaturge: Chests become potions (specialty), revive a companion (novice ultimate), revive 2 companions (master ultimate)
- Archaeologist/Tomb Raider: Draw 2 treasure when forming the party and discard 6 treasrues in the end (specialty), draw and discard 2 treasures (novice ultimate), draw 2 treasures and discard 1 (master ultimate)
- Dwarf/Berkerser: Start with 5 dice and reroll when champion defeats 2+ monsters (specialty), discard 1 monster for each champion and reroll all champions (novice ultimate), revive 4 companions but cannot retire unless defeating a dragon (master ultimate)
- Leprechaun/Clurichaun: All poisons become chests but all treasures are discarded (specialty), transform 1 monster into a chest (novice ultimate), transform 2 monsters into a chest (master ultimate)
- Scout/Dungeoneer: Assign dungeon dice to level 1-3 (specialty), reduce 1 level and retire immediately (novice ultimate), retire immediately (master ultimate)
- Sorceress/Drake Kin: Discard all dragons when more than 3 (specialty), discard 1 monster for each dragon (novice ultimate), discard 1 type of monster for each dragon (master ultimate)
- Tracker/Ranger: Reroll 1 goblin once per level (specialty), discard 1 monster of any type (novice ultimate), discard 1 monster of each type (master ultimate)
- Viking/Undead Viking: Take 5 champions instead of rolling (novice specialty), novice + all skeletons becomes potions (master specialty), discard all dragon dice (ultimate)
- Guild Leader/Guild Master: Start with 8 dice (specialty), set 1 party/dungeon dice (novice ultimate), set 1 party and dungeon dice (master ultimate)
- Time Traveller/Time Lady: Set 1 dice of each type and 1 champion (specialty), discard 1 treasure to defeat a dragon (novice ultimate), discard 1 treasure or scroll to defeat a dragon (master ultimate)
Hero Pack 2
- Alexandra, Keeper of Knowledge: Scrolls used as champions and any companion used as scrolls (specialty), discard 1 scroll to defeat a dragon (ultimate)
- Amar-Suen, King of the Ancients: Thieves defeat 1 additional monster (specialty), discard all monsters of 1 type and draw 1 treasure per discarded monster (ultimate)
- Cassandra, the Cursed: Begin each delve exhausted and all companions defeat 1 extra monster when exhausted. When quaffing potions, refresh (specialty), discard 1 potion or 1 chest (ultimate)
- Lord Yllavyre, Dragon Lord: Set 2 dice to scrolls and discard a scroll to turn a monster to dragon, refresh when facing 3 types (specialty), all dragons become companions and defeat 1 monster or open 1 chest (ultimate)
- Marpesia, Amazon Queen: Requires 4 dices to summon the dragon and champions kill 1 monster or open 1 chest (specialty), roll all dice from the graveyard, discard scrolls and add the rest to your party (ultimate)
- Szopin, Infamous Warlord: Refresh when defeating 2+ monsters with 1 companion (specialty), discard 2 dungeon dice (ultimate)
- Tou'lak, Minotaur Chieftain: May reroll 1 monster each level (specialty), discard all monsters (ultimate)
- Tristan, Lone Mercenary: Draw 1 treasure when defeating 2+ monsters with 1 companion, use 1 treasure to refresh (specialty), reroll any number of dungeon dice (ultimate)
End of Game
The game ends after each player has had 3 delves. The player with the highest total experience is the winner! In the case of a tie, the tied player with the fewest treasure tokens is the winner. If still tied, the tied players rejoice in a shared victory.
When playing with solo mode. Play three rounds with the normal rules and go for the best score. Ranking of scores is as follows:
|35+||Hero of Ages|