Difference between revisions of "Gamehelpcatan"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 04:07, 16 March 2022
Get resources to buy various buildings and development cards to be the first player to reach 10 points.
- The board consists of hills (brick), forest (lumber), mountains (ore), fields (grain), pasture (wool) and a desert (nothing) at random places.
- Each terrain except the desert has a number of 2-12 on it. The desert starts with the robber on it.
- Each player place 2 settlements and 2 roads on the board, then receive resources for each terrain around your starting settlements with a white star.
- On your turn, roll 2 six-sided dice and calculate the results.
- The terrains with that number produces resources and each player who has a settlement next to it gets 1 resource of the terrain's type if the robber isn't on it.
- However, if you roll a 7, no one gets any resources. Every player with 7 or more resources must discard half (rounded down) of their resource cards. You must move the robber to a new terrain and steal 1 random resource from another player who has a settlement or city next to that terrain. Your turn then ends.
- Otherwise, you can trade with all other players but they can only trade with you.
- You can also trade at 4:1 or use a harbour if you have a settlement next to it.
- Next, you can build roads and settlements, upgrade settlements to cities or draw a development card by paying the resources needed.
- You can also play a development card at any time during your turn if it is not bought during the same turn and it is not a victory card.
End of the Game
- Each settlement is worth 1 victory point and each city is worth 2 victory points.
- Additionally, the player with the most knight cards at any time (at least 3) gets the largest army card which is worth 2 points.
- The player with the longest road at any time (at least 3) gets the longest road card which is worth 2 points.
- If there is a tie, the original owner keeps the achievement cards.
- When you have 10 or more victory points during your turn (including victory points cards), reveal them and the game ends with your victory.
- If you reach 10 points when it is not your turn, the game continues until any player has 10 points on his turn.