Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Card getting order: high value>late game>noble.
- Gem getting order: current>opponent>mid game>late game.
- Mid game starts when all players get about 3-4 cards.
- Calculate what you need carefully and minimize the turns needed. If they are taken by opponents, consider reserving.
- Observe what your opponents plan. Sometimes buy cards when they have 8 or more gems to have a better chance to get a gem you want. Sometimes buy cards with gold so that you can buy cards faster.
- You should try to secure that card you want by either having multiple plans or reserving it.
- Reserving cards not only can prevent opponents from taking it, it can also gain you one gold, providing you flexability. However, think twice before you use that gold to prevent getting stuck later on.
- Late game starts when a player gets at least 10 points.
- When taking gems, plan at least 2 ways to buy a high value card. That way you can get points quicker.
- Observe what your opponents need most and grab them to get more time.
- Ending the game as soon as possible is much more important than getting more points, unless you are the first player.
- Using reserves to secure points first before limiting your opponents.
- Unless your opponents are way ahead, just buy cards to secure your position or you may accidentally reveal a card that can change the game!
Different Main Strategies
There are many main strategies in Splendor, which applies for everyone and have no preference over one another. Here are some of them:
- First, reserve 1-2 important cards, mostly level 2. This can prevent opponents to get them.
- Then, buy a few level 1 cards, at least 1 of each type. This should build up your basic engine.
- After that, start buying cards you reserved and reserve new cards, gaining you lots of points.
- Do note that you can reserve cards from the deck, which is a good thing when you don't want to destroy the current position.
- If you notice your opponent aiming for a card, reserve them first to waste their effort.
- This strategy is what strong players usually do. Therefore when the gold stock is empty, consider other ways to counter...
- First, buy about 7-9 level 1 cards to get discounts.
- Secondly, buy cards that can get you nobles. That are valuable in return of your engines.
- Lastly, start buying point cards with little cost after discount. Some better players can even get cards for free!
- This strategy is mostly useful for players who have some gaming experience. Do note that everyone wants them and it can be tricky!
- First, sellect a target. You can reserve it if you want. Then, start collecting lots of gems fpr it.
- You want to get point cards, especially level 2 and 3 ones. Therefore buy any point card if you can afford.
- This strategy is mostly useful for beginners with little experience in gaming. It can be effective, but can be blocked easily.
Which cards are the best?
- Level 1: (4,1)>(3,0)>(4,0)>(5,0)
- Level 2: (6,3)>(5,2)>(7,2)=(9,2)>(7,1)=(8,1)
- Level 3: (9,5)>(7,4)>(12,4)>(14,3)
- Note: Each card here is showed by (cost, point). Cards are sorted from most valuable to least valuable.
What relationship are there between the colours?
- Level 1: Black for green, Blue for black, Green for white, Red for blue, White for red.
- Level 2: Black for red, Blue for blue, Green for green, Red for white, White for black.
- Level 3: Black for white, Blue for green, Green for red, Red for black, White for blue.
- Note: Each relationship is showed by (most needed gem colour) for (card colour).