The object of the game is to earn points by completing objectives. There are three types of objectives: Plot, Bamboo and Panda. Players start with one of each type.
Each turn consists of 2 steps:
- Determine weather (except in the players first turn)
- Perform 2 different actions, place any number of improvements and irrigation channels, and complete any number of objectives
Weather types (always optional)
- Sun - take a 3rd action
- Rain - grow 1 bamboo on any irrigated plot
- Wind - may take two identical actions this turn
- Storm - move panda to any plot and he eats a bamboo as normal
- Clouds - take an improvement chip from the bank, if no chips are available, choose 1 of the other 4 types of weather
- Question mark - choose any 1 of the 5 types of weather
- Plots - draw 3 plot tiles and place one
- Irrigation - Take an irrigation channel from the reserve. Either place it immediately or store for later use.
- Gardener - Move the gardener any number of tiles in a straight line and then grow bamboo.
- Panda - Move the panda any number of tiles in a straight line and then eat a bamboo section. The bamboo is then placed in your reserve.
- Objective - Take another objective card from one of the 3 decks. There is a hand limit of 5 cards.
Improvements can only be placed on plots with no bamboo. There can only be 1 improvement on a plot and once placed cannot be changed. To place an improvement as soon as the plot is placed, pick the improvement first.
Irrigation channels must be between two plots. When a plot is irrigated for the first time it grows bamboo.
Plots can only be placed adjacent to the pond or in a spot next to 2 other existing plots.
The gardener grows bamboo on his plot and all adjacent irrigated plots of the same color.
Game ends when a certain number of objectives have been completed.
- 2 players - 9 objectives
- 3 players - 8 objectives
- 4 players - 7 objectives
The first player to complete the required number of objectives triggers the final round and scores 2 bonus points. The other players have a final turn.
The highest score wins, the tie breaker is number of points on panda objectives. If the score is still tied then all tied players win.
List of objectives
Plot Objectives Straights, curves and triangles all consist of 3 tiles. Diamonds consist of 4 tiles.
- 4 Tall on Green w/ Fertilizer - 3 pts
- 4 Tall on Green w/ Enclosure - 4 pts
- 4 Tall on Green w/ Watershed - 4 pts
- 4 Tall on Green w/ NO Improvements - 5 pts
- 3 Tall on 4 Greens - 8 pts
- 4 Tall on Yellow w/ Fertilizer - 4 pts
- 4 Tall on Yellow w/ Enclosure - 5 pts
- 4 Tall on Yellow w/ Watershed - 5 pts
- 4 Tall on Yellow w/ NO Improvements - 6 pts
- 3 Tall on 3 Yellows - 7 pts
- 4 Tall on Pink w/ Fertilizer - 5 pts
- 4 Tall on Pink w/ Enclosure - 6 pts
- 4 Tall on Pink w/ Watershed - 6 pts
- 4 Tall on Pink w/ NO Improvements - 7 pts
- 3 Tall on 2 Pinks - 6 pts
Panda Objectives (15 total)
- 2 Green - 2 points (x5 cards)
- 2 Yellow - 2 pts (x4)
- 2 Pink - 2 pts (x3)
- 1 Green, 1 Yellow, 1 Pink - 2 pts (x3)