- 14x Tempura
- 14x Sashimi
- 4x Dumpling
- 12x 2 Maki rolls
- 8x 3 Maki rolls
- 6x 1 Maki roll
- 10x Salmon Nigiri
- 5x Squid Nigiri
- 5x Egg Nigiri
- 10x Pudding
- 6x Wasabi
- 4x Chopsticks
- Shuffle all the cards well and deal the following, depending on the number of players
- In a 2 player game, deal 10 cards to each player.
- In a 3 player game, deal 9 cards to each player.
- In a 4 player game, deal 8 cards to each player.
- In a 5 player game, deal 7 cards to each player.
- (Hold your cards in your hand, secret from opponents.)
- Place the rest of the cards in a face-down pile in the center of the playing area.
- Grab a pice of paper and pencil to keep score and designate one player as the scorekeeper.
How to play
PLAYING A ROUND
The game takes place over 3 rounds. To start a round, all players simultaneously choose any 1 card from their hands that they would like to keep and place it face-down in front of them. When each player has done this, everyone reveals their chosen cards.
After revealing cards, pass your remaining hand face-down to the player on your left. Everyone picks up their new hands and the next turn begins. You now have a new and smaller hand to choose from.
NOTE: Face-up cards remain with you until the end of the round, when they are scored. It is helpful to group cards of the same type together.
If you choose a squid, salmon or egg nigiri card, and already have a wasabi card in front of you, then this nigiri must be placed on top of the wasabi. This is to show that the nigiri has been dipped in wasabi and has tripled in value!
NOTE: You may have multiple wasabi cards in front of you but only 1 nigiri card may be placed on each wasabi card.
If you already have a chopsticks card in front of you, you may take 2 sushi cards on a future turn!
Here’s how it works: Choose the first card you would like from your hand as usual. Before everyone else reveals their cards, call out “Sushi Go!” and take a second card from your hand, also placing it face-down on the table. Then all players reveal their cards.
Before passing hands, put the chopsticks card back into your hand. This means it will now be passed on, and other players may take it to use again.
NOTE: You may have multiple chopsticks cards in front of you but may only use 1 per turn.