The game is made up of multiple rounds of 4 phases: workers, buildings, aristocrats, trade You buy cards for the number of roubles shown on the card. If you already have one or more of the cards, they come at a discount - 1 rouble less for each card of the same type (but they always cost at least 1 rouble). On the second round onwards, cards that were not used in the last round are moved to the lower row - those cards cost 1 rouble less.
Worker Phase (Green Cards)
In this phase you buy worker cards. At the end of the round, you are paid 3 roubles for every worker you have.
Displacing trading cards:
- Blue trading cards can displace any already placed building.
- Red trading cards can displace any already placed aristocrat.
- Each green trading card must replace a specific type of worker (players can recognize pairs of green trading cards and their predecessor by matching symbols in the upper right of the cards):
- Carpenter Workshop - Lumberjack
- Gold Smelter - Gold Miner
- Weaving Mill - Shepherd
- Fur Shop - Fur Trapper
- Wharf - Ship Builder
- A trading card _cannot_ displace another trading card.
Paying for trading cards:
- If trading card is more expensive than the card it displaces, the cost is the difference between the two.
- If trading card is the same cost or cheaper than the card it displaces, the cost is 1 ruble.
- All other normal cost reductions from other cards _do_ also apply to trading cards.