On Your Turn
On your turn, you may do one of four actions:
- Buy a card by paying the cost.
- Add a card to your hand. The hand limit is three.
- Play a card from your hand by paying the cost.
The game is made up of multiple rounds of 4 phases: workers, buildings, aristocrats, trade You buy cards for the number of roubles shown on the card. If you already have one or more of the cards, they come at a discount - 1 rouble less for each card of the same type (but they always cost at least 1 rouble). On the second round onwards, cards that were not used in the last round are moved to the lower row - those cards cost 1 rouble less.
Worker Phase (Green Cards)
In this phase you buy worker cards. At the end of the round, you are paid 3 roubles for every worker you have.
Displacing trading cards:
- Blue trading cards can displace any already placed building.
- Red trading cards can displace any already placed aristocrat.
- Each green trading card must replace a specific type of worker (players can recognize pairs of green trading cards and their predecessor by matching symbols in the upper right of the cards):
- Carpenter Workshop - Lumberjack
- Gold Smelter - Gold Miner
- Weaving Mill - Shepherd
- Fur Shop - Fur Trapper
- Wharf - Ship Builder
- A trading card _cannot_ displace another trading card.
Paying for trading cards:
- If trading card is more expensive than the card it displaces, the cost is the difference between the two.
- If trading card is the same cost or cheaper than the card it displaces, the cost is 1 ruble.
- All other normal cost reductions from other cards _do_ also apply to trading cards.
End Game Trigger:
When the administrator places the last card of a group (the last worker, the last building, the last aristocrat, or the last trading card) on the board, play continues through all phases of that round. After that round ends, the game ends and the final scoring follows. If there are not enough cards to fill the row, they place as many as they can and the rest of the spots are left empty.