Play ghost cards to gain the majority of mansions, or forfeit them to gain powerful psychic assistants.
Ten cards are placed in a line, each one with a random mansion token (yellow for manor, pink for castle) on it. The first nine cards are psychics.
Each player starts with a hand of five cards.
The game is played over 10 rounds, each corresponding to one of the ten cards, left to right.
- On your turn, play any number of cards from your hand onto your side of that round's card. (Psychic card effects apply instantly.)
- At the end of your turn, if the total on your side of the value is higher than your opponent, it is your opponent's turn.
- If it is not the case, you must withdraw from the mansion and your opponent wins it.
At the end of each round:
- Whoever won the mansion takes the manor/castle token.
- Whoever withdrew takes that round's psychic card and adds it to their hand, and may play a card face-down to the 10th round card.
- Each player draws 2 ghost cards.
The 10th round isn't played like the others: instead, players reveal the face-down cards they have set aside there, to see who wins it.
End of Game
- You win instantly if you get 4 manors (yellow) or 3 castles (pink).
- If none of the winning conditions are met after the 10th round, the player who won the 10th round wins the game. (If tied, most mansions wins; if still tied, the game ends in a draw.)
NOTE: when a Psychic card applies to a group of cards, it includes the cards played beforehand and after that Psychic card.
- You won't have it: Get the psychic card of the round no matter what.
- Auntie, Are You There?: Search your deck for any ghost card and immediately put it into play.
- Reveal Yourself!: Works as a ghost card worth 1. Also you can look at opponent's hand until the end of the round.
- Lady in White: Works as a ghost card worth 2.
- Sir Nicholas: Works as a ghost card worth 3.
- Tripped: The next card played by your opponent is randomly drawn from their hand.
- Postponed Wedding: Works as a ghost card worth 3 but can only be played in the last round.
- Acro-bats: All your even-numbered cards are +1 for this round.
- Ghosssssst: All your odd-numbered cards are +1 for this round.
- Poltergeist: Name a value. All cards of that value are +2 for this round.
- Be Gone!: Discard a card in play from the opponent.
- You Don't Scare Me: All opponent's 1 and 2 are not counted for this round.
- Now or Never: Works as a ghost card worth 4. However, it will be worth -2 in the last round.
- Two's More Fun: Opponent cannot play cards 1 by 1 for this round.
- Still Me: If you win this round, you can transfer a card in play to the next round.
- Double Vision: Copy a ghost card in this round.
- Wraith to the Bottom: Name a value. Opponent's cards of that value are -2 (min 0) for this round.
- I'll Be Back: Return a card in a previous round to your deck.
- Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come: Put the first card in your deck to play.
- Let's Meet at the End: Choose a player to return a random card in the 10th round to their hand.
- Bloody Mary: Works as a ghost card worth 6. However, you must discard 2 ghost cards from your hand.
- Playing Dead: You immediately lose this round. However, you can take back a card played in this round.
- Ghostly Goldfish: Works as 2 ghost cards worth 1.
- Private Lounge, Ghost Only: Opponent cannot play any psychic cards in this round.
- They Were Never Seen Again: Name 2 values. Nobody can play ghost cards of these 2 values until the end of the round.
- I Pity the Ghoul!: Name a value. All ghost cards of that value are +3 for this round.
- Creepy Lull: The round ends immediately with a tie. The mansion is transferred to the next round. The psychic card is discarded.
- House Swap: Switch 2 mansions from the following rounds.
- We're Worthless: All other cards are now worth 1 and lose their effects.