Gain the most gems and avoid to wake the dragon over the course of 2 or 3 matches
Have 4 points after 2 matches or the most points after 3 matches.
You get points by getting the most gems and not awaking the dragon!
This is split into two parts, the first part is all players announce what they will do one after the other, then can change their mind until all players lock in their choices (all players successively pass) and then each player actually tries to do that action. The three actions are: Dig, Blast, Leave
Details on actions
- Dig: if you are on a treasure, you win it (If it is a Dragon it awakes and the match stops there). Then pick a tunnel card and place it where you are (choose orientation). Then pick and place a treasure card for each end of tunnel. If there is a cave-in the cave collapses, all players inside escape in the hall and nobody can go back there.
- Blast (uses 1 sulphur + 1 saltpeter): try to win 3 treasures cards in one turn. (Can be less if a dragon or cave-in comes)
- Leave: go out of the mine (on the stairs). You cannot go back in the mine until the end of the match. You are protected if somebody wokes the dragon.
- Scare somebody (uses 1 spider): makes the person run to the hall and you take their spot.
- You start each match with 3 drift sets. You will use one each time you win a treasure card that you placed on the board. If you have no more drift set you cannot dig or blast on treasure cards that you placed.
Distribution of treasure cards
Each color (red, green, purple) contains: 6 gems, 2 dragons, 1 cave-in, 3 sulphur, 3 saltpeters, 1 spider.
End of match
- If someone wakes the dragon.
- If there are no more tunnels tiles to draw.
- If everyone left the mine. (When the first player leaves the mine, the others have maximum 2 action phases before to leave the mine.)
- Case where the dragon is awake: -2 for player who woke the dragon, -1 for players still in the mine
- Case where the dragon is not awake: 3 points for the player with most gems (4 points if it's the 3rd match), 1 point if tie.
Draw treasure cards, picking a dragon eliminates you. The last player standing wins.
Details: Special BGA
- The tunnels tiles are bordered with the color of the player who saw and placed them.
- On top right, there are the number of the current match and the number of remaining tunnels tiles.