The goal of the President is to be the first to get rid off all of the cards in your hand.
Playing the game
Number of players : 4-8 players.
Presient is played with a standard 52-card deck and 2 Jokers. Following this hierarchy (highest value to lowest) : J,2,A,K,Q,J,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3.
Cards are dealt one at a time clockwise until all cards have been dealt. It's fine, if some players have more cards than others.
A player can play a single card or a set of cards of equal rank :
- Double – a pair of cards of the same value (ex. 2 Kings).
- Triple – three cards of the same value (ex. 3 fours).
- Quadruple – four cards of the same value (ex. 4 sevens).
The first player of the round sets how many cards should be played for the entire pile.
- Player 1 : plays 1 five, then all others players must play one card until this pile is over.
- Player 1 : plays 2 nines, then all others players must play two cards until this pile is over.
The next player must play the same number of cards than the previous player. To play, the next player must play a higher rank card (or group of cards : double, triple or quadruple). Or pass if he can not play. Or pass even if he can, therefore will not be able to play anymore during this pile.
If a player played his last card, and no other player can play (or pass even if he can play). The next player available clockwise will start next pile.
End of the game
The first player to get rid off all of his cards, will become the President in the following round. The second player to get rid off all of his cards, will become the Prime-Minister in the following round. The before last player to get rid off all of his cards, will become the Peasant in the following round. The last player to get rid off all of his cards, will become the Beggar in the following round. Others players will be considered as neutral, and will become Citizen(s).
The game will continue until there is a single player left with at least a card in his hand, and that player will become the Beggar.
Before next round starts :
- The Beggar must give his two highest cards to the President. And the President must give back 2 cards of his choice to the Beggar.
- The Peasant must give his highest card to the Prime-Minister. And the Prime-Minister must give back 1 card of his choice to the Peasant.
- Citizen(s) do not deal cards.
The Beggar will always be the first player to start a new round.