The goal of the President is to be the first to get rid off all of the cards in your hand.
Playing the game
Number of players : 4-8 players.
President is played with a standard 52-card deck and 2 Jokers. Following this hierarchy (highest value to lowest) : Joker,2,A,K,Q,J,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3.
Cards are dealt one at a time clockwise until all cards have been dealt. Some players may have more cards than others.
A player can play a single card or a set of cards of equal rank :
- Double – a pair of cards of the same value (ex. 2 Kings).
- Triple – three cards of the same value (ex. 3 fours).
- Quadruple – four cards of the same value (ex. 4 sevens).
The first player of the round sets how many cards should be played for the entire pile.
- Player 1 : plays 1 five, then all others players must play one card until this pile is over.
- Player 1 : plays 2 nines, then all others players must play two cards until this pile is over.
The next player must play the same number of cards as the previous player.
To play, the next player must play a higher rank card (or a higher rank group of cards for double, triple or quadruple).
- A Joker is a "trump" card and wins any hand no matter the size of the set (ex: 1 Joker beats four 2's)
Or pass if he can not play. Or pass even if he can, therefore will not be able to play anymore during this pile.
If a player played his last card, and no other player can play (or pass even if he can play). The next player available clockwise will start next pile.
End of the game
The game will continue until there is a single player left with at least a card in his hand.
The first player to get rid off all of his cards will become the President in the following round. The second player to get rid off all of his cards will become the Prime-Minister in the following round. The second to last player to get rid off all of his cards will become the Peasant in the following round. The last player to get rid off all of his cards will become the Beggar in the following round. Any other players will be considered neutral and will become Citizen(s) in the following round.
Before next round starts : The Beggar must give his two highest cards to the President. And the President must give back 2 cards of his choice to the Beggar. The Peasant must give his highest card to the Prime-Minister. And the Prime-Minister must give back 1 card of his choice to the Peasant. Any Citizen(s) do not exchange cards.
The Beggar will be the first player to start the next round.
When a player plays four cards of the same rank, the hierarchy of all the cards are reversed. For example, if 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,J,Q,K,A,2 is the typical order of power (from left to right), after the revolution the order of power 2,A,K,Q,J,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3. If another revolution is played, the order would switch back to normal.
- Skip - When a player plays the same number of cards of the same rank as the previous player, that skips the next person who would have played. For example, playing a 7 on top of another 7, or a pair of 4s on another pair of 4s, the next player is skipped. You can't skip with the best card (2 or 3 in case of revolution and jokers).
Each player starts with a credit of 50 points.
- The President scores 5 points.
- The Prime-Minister scores 0 point.
- The Citizen loses 5 points.
- The Peasant loses 10 points.
- The Beggar loses 15 points.
Game ends when a player reaches 0 point or less.