Jump to navigation Jump to search
For tips on how to play Papayoo, see Tips_papayoo
- Papayoo is a trick-taking game with five suits:
- The object of the game is to take as few points as possible.
- Boardgame Arena measures these points as negative. Therefore, the player whose score is closest to 0 will be the winner.
- 8-sided die.
- Payoo cards are worth points equal to their number value.
- The Papayoo card is the 7 of one of the other suits and is worth 40 points.
- Deal all of the cards.
- 1♠1♥1♣1♦ are removed for 7-8 players.
- Depending on the number of players, choose 3-5 cards to pass face-down to the player to your left.
- This must be done before you look at any cards passed to you.
- Once all players have passed cards, an eight-sided die is rolled.
- Whichever side lands face up determines which 7 card is worth points in that round.
- For example, if ♠ is rolled, the 7♠ is worth 40 points.
- The dealer plays first, with any card from their hand.
- In clockwise rotation, each player plays a card.
- Suit must be followed where possible.
- There is no trump suit; the highest card in the led suit wins the trick.
- Whoever takes the trick leads the next trick.
- The number of rounds is determined before the game.
- Points are accumulated throughout the game.
- The total number of points in the round should equal to 250.
|# players||# cards in hand||# cards to pass left||cards removed|