During Phase E, each player must choose 1 of his Crown’s Requests in the 1st round, 2 in the 3rd round, and 3 in the 5th round. He earns PP for them, and discards them.
NOTE: If a player chooses more than 1 Crown’s Request of the same kind in the same round, he must assign different items to them (see below Urbanization for an example).
The player must discard all the chosen Crown’s Requests, even if he earns 0 Prestige Points for one or more of them.
A player can use 1 of his face-up Guild Favors at the beginning of each of his turns:
- in Phase B - Character Actions (see page 9) (i.e. before he places a die or passes) and
- in Phase C - Building Actions (see page 12) (i.e. before he pays the cost or receives the Pirates).
He cannot use a Guild Favor if he has no Action Markers on the Building currently being resolved, because it is not his turn.
To use a Guild Favor, the player flips it face-down and immediately applies its effect (see below).
No Guild Favors can be used during Phases A - Round Setup, D - Maintenance, or E - The Crown’s Requests.
Reminder: A player can flip face-up:
- in Phase A - Round Setup, all of his Guild Favors of the same Guild as the one he chooses (see page 8).
- 1 or 2 of his Guild Favors (same or different Guilds), performing the “Casa da Coroa” Building Action (see page 13).
- 1 of his Guild Favors, performing the “Guild” King’s Reward, if it is in play, (see below).
- The player gets 2 Reals
- The player gets 3 Reals
- OR earns 1 PP, and may move 1 of his Workers to any empty City spot
- The player gets 4 Reals
- OR moves 1 of his Workers into the City Watch
- The player gets 5 Reals
- OR moves 1 of his Ships following the usual rules
Various Rewards available
- The player moves 1 of his Workers to any field following the usual rules
- The player flips 1 of his Guild Favors face-up.
- The player discards up to 3 Pirates or gets 2 Bread from the general supply.
- The player moves his disc up one step in the Windmill. He does not discard the 2 Wheat.
- The player earns 3 PP. The player gets 5 Reals.
- The player earns 1 PP, and may move 1 of his Workers to any empty City spot.
- The player moves 1 of his Workers into the City Watch