"Illustori"(イラストリー) is a word chain game by naming artwork cards. The artwork name that the turn player chooses can be a sentence, a quote, an onomatopeia, or anything. All it needs for chaining is the agreement from the other players.
The language option is important. Please choose a language that the all players can think about words.
- The first player can freely input first word that follows the word chain rule.
- No player cards are reduced by the action.
- The turn player plays one of the following actions.
- Select a card and input its name that chains the last artwork name.
- Select one or more cards and swap them.
- If they chained the artwork name, all players discuss where the name matches the artwork or not. After that, everyone (excluding the turn player) vote if they agree the naming fits.
- If half or more players agreed, the word chain succeeded! The next player should chain artwork name with the succeeded one.
- If less than half players agreed, the word chain failed. The turn player discard the played card and draw a new card. The next player should continue with the previous artwork name.
- Once someone put all their cards, that will be the last round. The game ends once the player finished their turn, who decided first artwork name. All players putting all their cards win the game!
Word chain rule in English
This is the original rule for BGA, that is more easier than the one of the game manual.
- Input artwork name's first and last letter with Alphabet.
- The next artwork name should starts with one of the previous artwork name's last two letters.
- ex: Moon
- Next starts "o" or "n".
- The player (maybe its very rarely...) who names an artwork using a word that ends with 'xx' will get a penalty. They should discard the played card and draw a new card from the stack.
Word chain rule in Japanese
- Input words' first and last letter with Katakana or Hiragana.
- The next artwork name should starts with the last letter of the last artwork name.
- ex: つきよ
- Next starts "よ".
- Some letters has alternatives.
- ex1: ばしゃ
- Next starts "や".
- ex2: やかた
- Next starts "た" or "だ".
- ex3: ラッパ
- Next starts "は", "ば", or "ぱ".
- If the last letter of the artwork name was chōonpu, the very last letter becomes the starting letter.
- ex: ピッチャー
- Next starts "や".
- The player who names an artwork using a word that ends with 'ん' will get a penalty. They should discard the played card and draw a new card from the stack.