You are on the HONEST team if you have the Agent card or if the majority of your cards are Honest.
You are on the CROOKED team if you have the Kingpin card or if the majority of your cards are Crooked.
ON YOUR TURN
Your turn consists of 3 phases:
1) Take Action
Choose 1 of these actions to take:
- Investigate - View one hidden Integrity Card.
- Arm - Take a Gun. Reveal 1 of your hidden Integrity Cards if you have any.
- Equip - Draw an Equipment Card. Discard down to 1. Reveal 1 of your hidden Integrity Cards if you have any.
- Shoot - Shoot your Gun at the player at whom you are aiming. Drop your gun.
2) Take Aim
If you are holding a Gun, aim it at any living player other than yourself.
3) End Turn
Play proceeds clockwise.
If you are shot, you must reveal all of your Integrity Cards.
If you are NOT the Agent or Kingpin:
- You are eliminated from the game.
- Return any Equipment Cards in your hand to the bottom of the deck.
- Return your Gun to the center of the table.
If you ARE the Agent or Kingpin:
- You are NOT eliminated the first time you are shot; you are wounded. If you are shot while wounded, the game ends and the opposing team wins.
- Draw an Equipment Card.
- Put a Wounded Token on your Agent or Kingpin card.
- You may only hold one Gun at a time.
- Any time you get a Gun, immediately aim it. Otherwise you may only change where you are aiming at the end of your turn during the Take Aim phase.
- Equipment Cards may be used in reaction to Shoot actions, during your turn, or at the end of any player's turn.
- When you use an Equipment Card, place it at the bottom of the deck.
- When you use an Equipment Card, no other Equipment Cards may be played until yours is resolved.
- The hand limit of Equipment is 1.
- Multiple Equipment Cards may be played before an action is resolved.
WINNING THE GAME
The HONEST team wins if the Kingpin is eliminated.
The CROOKED team wins if the Agent is eliminated.
If, at any time, a player has both the Agent and the Kingpin, that player wins alone.
You are encouraged to use the chat to give truthful or false information about what you have seen or accuse players of being on a team or having a specific role.
In addition to the Honest and Crooked teams, there is a third team: Zombies. If you are on the Zombie team, you do not win with the Honest or Crooked team. Instead, your team wins if you can bite a wounded Agent or Kingpin.
Note: If you are playing with the Bombers & Traitors expansion, you would need to eliminate any Traitors before biting a wounded Agent or Kingpin to win.
If you are already a Zombie, you aim your Arms at yourself. If you were shot with a Gun, the player who shot you keeps their Gun.
If you are NOT a Zombie, flip over all of your Integrity Cards. Then:
- If you are a Leader, follow the same rules as getting shot in the base game.
- If you are NOT a Leader, you become a zombie (see Becoming a Zombie).
BECOMING A ZOMBIE
You become a zombie when you are a non-Leader, non-Zombie and you are shot.
When that happens, do the following:
- Reveal all of your hidden cards.
- Take zombie Arms and aim them at yourself.
- You are no longer on the Honest or Crooked team but instead you are now on the Zombie team.
- You Keep:
- Any Equipment you had.
- You Lose:
- Any Gun you were holding.
When you are a zombie and you take your turn, instead of the usual turn actions, you can take one of these:
Bite: Bite the player you are targeting with your Arms. You must choose a new target in the Aim phase.
Equip: Draw an Equipment card.
After you take your action, you may aim your Arms at any player.
Zombie Equipment and Arms
- Zombie players may use Equipment just like non-Zombie players.
- Any Equipment that affects or targets a Gun or those holding a Gun affects or targets zombie Arms or those with zombie Arms.
- Any Equipment that affects or targets Shoot or shooting affects or targets Bite or biting.
- Any Equipment that would make a zombie drop their Gun instead makes them aim their Arms at themself.
- Any Equipment that affects or targets an eliminated player may target a zombie player.
- Bringing a player back to life (like with Defibrillator) unzombifies them.
- A zombie cannot steal a Gun.
- A zombie cannot take the Grab a Gun action.
BOMBERS AND TRAITORS EXPANSION
This expansion adds the possibility that there will be Traitors and/or Bombers in the game.
You are a Bomber if all 3 of your Integrity cards have a BOMB icon. If you are a Bomber, you are not on the Honest nor Crooked team. You are on the Bomber team.
Win Condition: You and all other Bombers win if you are shot by another player or if you eliminate the Agent or Kingpin with a Gun.
Note: If you eliminate the Agent or Kingpin and there is at least one surviving Traitor, all Traitors also win.
You are a Traitor if all 3 of your Integrity cards have a KNIFE icon. If you are a Traitor, you are not on the Honest nor Crooked team. You are on the Traitor team.
Win Condition: You and all other Traitors win if you are alive when the Agent or Kingpin is eliminated.
Note: If the Agent or Kingpin was eliminated by being shot by a Gun held by a Bomber, all Bombers also win.