The goal of this game is to have the most victory points at end of the game by building restaurants, terraces, claiming objectives, and competing for majorities.
During setup, choose one objective card from the two dealt to you. The other card is placed as a common objective near the objective deck.
A player's turn consists of 3 actions, the first of which must be Draw Ingredient. The remaining actions can be any combination of
- A)Draw an Ingredient from the display or from the deck (Afterwards, discard down to 7).
- B)Build Terraces with income money and temp money from cards.
- C)Build Restaurant (pay by discarding the matching ingredients).
- D)Claim Objective and place it faceup in your area.
When buying a terrace, you take the left-most terrace from the row corresponding to the restaurant for which you are building it. That determines the price and the reward (as listed on the personal playing mat).
End game trigger :
- Collectively build 11(2player) 13(3player) or 15(4player) restaurants
- A player has built all terraces from two rows
- Or it is impossible to build more restaurants or terraces
- A) restaurants points
- B) completed objective points
- C) majority points
- D) terrace rows last built points
- E) loss points for incomplete objectives in hand
Since the boards are hard to read -- here are the requirements for each restaurant
Friterie -- potatoes x 2
Fruits de mer -- seafood x 2, baguette
Creperie -- Flour x 2, Cheese
Pizzeria -- Tomatoes x 2, Flour
Grill -- Potatoes, Tomatoes, Cheese, Pork chops
Bar a vin -- Cheese, Pork Chops, Flour, Baguette
Brasserie -- Potatoes, Tomatoes, Cheese, Pork Chops, Baguette
Gastronomique -- Potatoes, Tomatoes, Cheese, Pork Chops, Baguette, Flour, Seafood