Difference between revisions of "Gamehelpdiceforge"
(cleanup and expand a bit; mostly trying to fix header levels which were a mess when displayed in BGA)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Dice Forge is a game about rolling your dice to collect resources. You can spend those resources to upgrade your dice, or perform Heroic Feats (
Dice Forge is a game about rolling your dice to collect resources. You can spend those resources to upgrade your dice, or perform Heroic Feats (cards) that give you points and special powers.
=== Currencies ===
=== Currencies ===
Revision as of 03:06, 21 December 2020
Dice Forge is a game about rolling your dice to collect resources. You can spend those resources to upgrade your dice, or perform Heroic Feats (purchase cards) that give you points and special powers.
- Gold - Yellow - Used to upgrade your dice or to activate some reinforcements..
- Sun Shards - Orange - Used to perform Heroic Feats (purchase cards) and take extra actions.
- Moon Shards - Purple - Used to perform Heroic Feats (purchase cards).
- Glory Points (GP) - Green - Contributes directly to your score; can be earned by rolling the appropriate dice face, activating certain reinforcements, and at the end of the game the Glory value of all collected cards is added to your score.
Terminology used in the game
- Divine Blessing - The act of rolling both your dice and receiving the rolled resources.
- Minor Blessing - Rolling a single die and receiving the rolled resources.
- Reinforcements - After rolling their dice, the active player may use any special powers gained from purchased cards.
If you have purchased The Blacksmith's Hammer card and enable the "Auto-advancement" button, Gold earned from any source will applied to the Hammer. If "Auto-advancement" is disabled, you will prompted to allocate Gold earned to either the Hammer or your inventory.
Taking Your Turn
On each player's turn, all players roll their dice and collect the rolled resources. (In a two-player game, players roll their dice twice before each player's turn.)
You are then allowed to perform one action:
- Forge - Spend Gold to upgrade your dice. You can purchase any number of new die faces, but each face you buy must be unique. (Your dice may have duplicated sides, but the faces you purchase within a given Forge action must be different.)
- Heroic Feat - Spend Sun and/or Moon Shards to purchase a single card. Place your Hero pawn on the pedestal containing the card you wish to purchase. If another player's pawn was on that pedestal, they receive a Divine Blessing and are returned to the central island. (This is known as "Ousting" their hero.)
Taking an additional action
Finally, the active player may spend two Sun Shards to take a second action if they wish; if they choose to take a second Heroic Feat action, they can perform the same or a different Heroic Feat.
You play 10 rounds with 3 players, and 9 rounds with 2 or 4 players. Much like in real life, the player with the most Glory Points at the end of the game wins.
If enabled, the following tiebreakers are implemented:
- Number of die faces forged.
- Number of Heroic Feats accomplished.
- Number of remaining resources.
- The player having started the game the earliest.