How To Play
A turn consists of:
1. Adding a tile to your city and placing the matching buildings onto it
2. Optionally building walkways
3. Drawing a new tile from the row or the deck
Adding a Tile
- The new tile must be placed alongside another
- Tile can be rotated
- Your city must be a 3x3 square (or a 3x4 rectangle if playing Rectangle City variant)
Buildings are automatically placed on the new tile.
Walkways score the number of points printed on them.
There are 3 important rules regarding walkway placement:
- Only two walkways per building
- Walkways can't be placed over empty spots (where there is no tile yet)
- The number of walkways available to players is limited
Drawing a Tile
You can pick a new tile from the row of 3 face up tiles or take a random one off the stack.
Upgraded Models variant
Game can be played with one or two special scoring cards (randomly picked at the beginning of the game):
- Most Valuable Route - Find the most valuable route in your city on one of two levels (River or Forest). A route corresponds to a connection of several buildings to each other, using walkways. Add the value of all the walkways that make up your most valuable route. Compare that route to those of other players. Player with most valuable route scores 6 points. In the event of a tie, players involved earn 3 points each.
- Most Separate Routes - Count the number of separate routes built in your city. The player who built the most earns 6 points. In the event of a tie, players involved earn 3 points each.
- Varied Routes - Earn 6 points if you built a route that includes at least 4 walkways of different lengths (1,2,3,5,8) OR earn 8 points if you have managed to create a route that includes the 5 walkways lengths. Each player can only earn this once.
- Circuits - Earn 3 points for each circuit you have. A circuit is a closed route.
- Blue buildings on the hill - Earn 6 points if you are the player with the most blue buildings. In the event of a tie, players involved earn 3 points each.
- Green buildings on the hill - Earn 6 points if you are the player with the most green buildings. In the event of a tie, players involved earn 3 points each.
- Minimalist Buildings - Earn 2 points per building with only one walkway built from it.
- Crossed Walkways - Lose 2 points for each of your walkways that crosses another. Passing over buildings doesn't count as a crossing (even if walkways are connected to those buildings). Each walkway will count only once, even if it's crossing multiple walkways.
- Solo Buildings - Lose 2 points for each building with no walkways.
- Balanced Walkways - Lose 4 points if you do not have at least: 5 walkways worth 3 points, 1 walkway worth 1 point, 1 walkway worth 8 points.