The 4 types of Technologies have different characteristics, summarized below. A hybrid Technology generally contains characteristics of both of its types.
- Scientific (blue): Ore production automation, research actions, and Ore bonuses
- Economic (green): Food production automation, Population collection, and Ore collection
- Military (red): Shipbuilding, movements, and upgrades
- Commercial (yellow): Colonization actions, ship movements, and flexible actions
Triggering the end of the game
When enough discs have been placed on Achievements, the next round will be the final round of the game:
- 2 or 3 players: 3 Achievements claimed
- 4 players: 4 Achievements claimed
Changes in BGA adaptation
Minor changes were necessary to allow the game to work smoothly on BGA. Special thanks to the designer, Dennis Chan, for consulting on how best to adapt the game to the BGA framework.
Spacetime Anomaly Studies: The research portion of the action is optional.
Galactic HQ, Black Market Industries, Giga-Corporations, Cygni 61, Mind/Machine Assimilation: You cannot use these in the middle of another action.
Giga-Corporations: You may only replace discs on your turn; however, at the end of the game, any remaining star discs on achievements are automatically replaced.