In Oriflamme (Citadels 2), players play for 6 rounds by playing influence cards and activating them. To seize power, you must conspire, fight and deduce how others will play. The player with the highest influence after 6 rounds wins!
Setup (What you need to know)
- Each player takes 10 cards of their color and removes 3 randomly.
- Everyone starts with 1 influence.
- The resolution direction is placed.
Round of the Game
Each round consists of 2 phases. After the phases are played, the first player tile is passed to the left.
- The first player chooses a card and place it facedown in the middle of the table.
- The next player places another card to the left or right of all cards already placed.
- You cannot play between cards.
- Once everyone has played a card, the placement phase is over.
- Starting from the first card, players choose whether to reveal them.
- If the card is not revealed, 1 influence is placed on it.
- If the card is revealed, apply the card's effect and take all influences on it.
- Repeat until the end of the queue is reached.
- Each time you eliminate a card, you get 1 influence.
- Cards in the queue will remain until they are discarded or eliminated.
- Cards in the same family can be stacked. However, a covered card can never be revealed or targeted.
End of Game
- The game ends when 6 rounds are played.
- Influences still on the cards do not count.
- The player with the most influence wins.
- In case of a tie, the tied player with the most cards in the influence queue wins.
Abilities of Influences
- Ambush: If revealed by another card, discard that card and gain 4 influence. Otherwise, gain 1 influence and discard ambush with any influence on it.
- Archer: Eliminate the first or last card from the queue.
- Assassination: Eliminate any card in the queue. Discard assassination.
- Conspiracy: Gain double the amount of influence on the card. Discard conspiracy.
- Heir: If there are no other cards revealed with the same name, gain 2 influence.
- Lord: Earn 1 influence, plus 1 influence per adjacent card in your family.
- Royal Decree: Move a card whether you want in the queue. Discard royal decree.
- Shapeshifter: Copy the ability (not the name) of an adjacent card.
- Soldier: Eliminate an adjacent card.
- Spy: Steal 1 influence from a player with a card adjacent to the spy.