Jump to navigation Jump to search
For tips on how to play Mr Jack, see Tips_mrjack
- All characters are placed suspect side up on the board, along with manholes, lit gaslights and police cordons.
- Mr Jack draws an alibi. That is his identity.
- The rest of the alibis are placed in a stack next to the board.
- Mr Jack starts visible.
- On odd rounds, the detective starts first. On even rounds, Mr Jack starts first.
- Draw 4 character cards from the deck and place them next to the board. On odd rounds, shuffle the deck first.
- The starting player chooses a character and activates his ability.
- Then the opposite player chooses two characters and activates their abilities one by one.
- Finally, the starting player activates the last ability.
- Then, Jack must declare whether he is visible.
- He is visible if he is next to a gaslight or another character.
- According to his answer, the detective clears some people.
- After that, some gaslights maybe shut off. Remove the lit token equal to the round number from the game.
- Some special tiles have different effects. Obstacles cannot be crossed by anyone except Stealthy.
- Police cordons block exits from available to escaping. Manholes can be used to travel to another manhole if not covered.
End of the Game
- Once per game, the detective can move another character onto Jack and confronts him.
- If the detective is right, he wins. Otherwise, Jack wins.
- If Jack escapes when he is invisible, he wins.
- If eight rounds have passed and Jack is not caught, he wins.
- Sherlock Holmes: Move 1 to 3 spaces, then draw the first card from the alibi deck and look at it secretly.
- John Watson: Move 1 to 3 spaces then choose his final direction. All characters on the line (except Watson) are visible.
- John Smith: Move 1 to 3 spaces. Must move a lit gaslight before or after moving.
- Inspector Lestrade: Move 1 to 3 spaces. Must move a cordon before or after moving.
- Miss Stealthy: Move 1 to 4 spaces. May cross any hex while moving, but must stop on a street hex.
- Sergeant Goodley: Move 1 to 3 spaces. Must use 3 moves to move any characters towards him before or after moving.
- Sir William Gull: Move 1 to 3 spaces. May swap places with any other character instead.
- Jeremy Bert: Move 1 to 3 spaces. Must move a manhole cover before or after moving.