Object of the Game
Be the first to score ten (10+) or more Influence Points (VPs) by producing buildings and also using your buildings to produce more VPs.
On the first turn you may trade up to all of your coins for basic goods (wood, grain, clay, stone, and/or cotton) as long as they are available. The first player starts with three (3), second four (4), third (5) etc.
On your turn you must choose to either Produce or Trade You have a set hand limit of seven (7) goods.
- Produce a single basic good (wood, wheat, clay, stone, or cotton)
- Produce a single trade good by revealing or expending one or more other goods (as shown below and in the Conversion Chart in the lower right of the game board)
- Trade a number of goods for other goods / buildings of equal (or lesser) cost
- Additionally, each building you own may perform its action once per turn - before or after you produce or trade
Expended Basic Goods returned to their columns for immediate reuse.
Expended Trade Goods go into the discard pile to the right of their deck.
When a column of Trade Goods is depleted, replacement cards are drawn until there are again five distinct cards, shuffling the discard pile as needed.
After your turn, it proceeds to the next player.
This repeats until the winning condition are met. A player has ten (10+) or more victory points.
Each good has a value in the upper left, which is its trade value (which is always equal to it purchase price, in the lower center-right). This value (combined with any other cards) may be used to purchase any other available card(s).
A good may be produced if it is in one of the five columns on the left side of the board by revealing or expending the appropriate good(s).
The piles to the right of the decks show cards that have been previously expended. These cards may be examined at any time, but may not produced.
Note that basic goods do not have a cost, so you may always produce one basic good (among those available on the bottom row). This is inefficient but sometimes necessary.
If you have multiple choices of what to produce, you can only select one per turn. However buildings allow you to perform additional conversions.
Buildings are worth 1-3 Influence Points (VPs). Most buildings have an additional ability (a limited extra trade/consume phase), which is either one of the trades on the Conversion Chart or a trade of one or more specific goods for a given number of additional Influence Points. If the conditions on the top of the card are met you will have the option to play the card once during your turn, either before or after you Trade or Produce.
First Level (Beige)
All Basic Goods have trade value 1. The numbers after each good are the quantity available with 4/3/2 players.
- Wood (5/4/3)
- Expend two (x2) to produce Paling
- Expend to produce Coal
- Expend with Grain to produce Sheep
- Expend with Clew to produce Fishing Rod
- Wheat (3/3/2)
- Expend to produce Flour
- Expend with Wood to produce Sheep
- Expend with Clay Brick to produce Cow
- Clay (3/3/2)
- Expend with Grain to produce Cow
- Expend to produce Clay Brick
- Stone (3/2/2)
- Expend to produce Stone Brick
- Expend to produce Fish
- Expend with Coal to produce Beam
- Cotton (2/1/1)
- Expend to produce Clew
Second Level Trade Goods (Blue)
- Paling (wooden boards) (Value 5, Quantity 2)
- Expend Paling to produce Barrel
- Coal (Value 3, Quantity 3)
- Expend with Stone to produce Beam
- Expend with Flour to produce Bread
- Expend to produce Butcher Shop
- Flour (Value 3, Quantity 2)
- Expend with Coal to produce Bread
- Sheep (Value 5, Quantity 2)
- Reveal to produce Clew
- Expend to produce Steak
- Cow (Value 5, Quantity 2)
- Reveal to produce Milk
- Expend to produce Steak
- Clay Brick (Value 3, Quantity 3)
- Stone Brick (Value 3, Quantity 2)
- Expend with Clay to produce Wall
- Expend to produce Sawmill
- Fish (Value 5, Quantity 1)
- Clew (yarn) (Value 3, Quantity 2)
- Expend with Wood to produce Fishing Rod
- Expend to produce Cloth
Third Level Trade Goods (Purple)
All third level trade goods are unique (have quantity 1)
- Barrel (Value 8)
- Beam (Value 8)
- Bread (Value 11)
- Steak (Value 8)
- Leather (Value 8)
- Milk (Value 4)
- Wall (Value 8)
- Fishing Rod (Value 8)
- Reveal to produce Fish
- Cloth (Value 6)
Once you have a building a process will be "automated" for you, provided you have the necessary input good(s) and the output good is available. The building may activated only once during your turn. A building can be produced by expending the good(s) listed at the bottom right in lieu of trading for its "cost". Not all buildings are listed yet.
- Dairy (Expend Stone Brick or trade in 6)
- Allows you to reveal Cow to produce Milk
- Water Mill (Expend Clay Brick or trade in 6)
- Allows you to expend Grain to produce Flour
- Quarry (Expend Clay Brick or trade in 6)
- Allows you to expend Stone to produce Stone Brick.
- Sawmill (Expend Stone Brick or trade in 6)
- Allows you to expend 2x Wood to produce Paling
- Butcher Shop (Expend Coal or trade in 6)
- Allows you to expend Sheep to produce Steak
- Allows you to expend Cow to produce Steak
- Sheep Ranch (Expend Clay Brick or trade in 6)
- Allows you to expend Wheat and Wood to produce Sheep
- Brick Factory (Expend Coal or trade in 6)
- Allows you to expend Clay to produce Clay Brick
- Masonry (Expend Wheat or trade in 6)
- Allows you to expend Stone Brick and Clay to produce Wall
- Milk Shop (Expend Clay Brick or trade in 6)
- Allows you to expend Milk to gain 1VP
- Charcoal Hut (Expend Stone Brick or trade in 10)
- Allows you to expend Wood to produce Coal
- Fishmonger (Expend Paling or trade in 8)
- Allows you to expend Fish to gain 1VP
- Specialty Shop (Expend Fish or trade in 8)
- Allows you to trade in a level 3 good
- Spinning Mill (Expend Paling or trade in 8)
- Allows you to reveal Sheep or expend Cotton to produce Clew
- Hardware Store (Expend Cloth or trade in 6)
- Allows you to expend Leather to gain 2VP
- Allows you to expend Beam to gain 2VP
- Grain Store (Expend Clay Brick and Coal or trade in 11)
- Allows you to expend Barrel and Wheat to gain 2VP
- Cheese Store (Expend Wall or trade in 12)
- Allows you to expend Barrel and Milk to gain 3VP
- Deli (Expend Beam or trade in 12)
- Allows you to expend Steak to gain 2VP
- Tailor (Expend Wall or trade in 12)
- Allows you to expend Cloth and Clew to gain 2VP
- Shoe Store (Expend Beam or trade in 12)
- Effect unknown (Expend Leather and Clew to gain 3VP)
- Mansion (Expend Paling, Clay Brick, and Stone Brick or expend 18)
- Has no effect
- Castle (Expend Paling, Bean, and Wall or expend 30)
- Has no effect
Anatomy of Card
- Bottom center - the cost of the card
- Each board represents one method of obtaining the card
- If an icon includes the card outline, it is merely revealed, otherwise it is expended
- If there are two icons, both must be paid
- The right-most icon is the purchase price, which is paid by expending goods (or gold, on the first turn of the game)
- Bottom right (small) - total copies of card in the deck
- Upper left (Goods Only) -- small icon and trade-in value of card
- Top (Buildings Only) - "Automated" Action which may be performed once a turn, if the inputs are owned and the output is available