Object of the Game
Be the first to score ten (10+) or more points with your buildings and victory points you acquire.
On the first turn you may trade up to all of your coins for basic goods (wood, grain, clay, stone, and/or cotton) as long as they are available. The first player starts with three (3), second four (4), third (5) etc.
On your turn you must choose to either Produce or Trade' You have a set hand limit of seven (7) cards in your hand.
- Produce a single basic good (wood, wheat, clay, stone, or cotton)
- Produce a single trade good by revealing or expending one or more other goods (as shown in the Conversion Chart in the lower right)
- Trade a number of goods for other goods / buildings of equal (or lesser) cost
- Additionally, each building you own may perform its action once per turn - before or after you produce or trade
Expended "trade" goods go into the discard pile to the right of the deck and replacement cards are placed in the freed spots. Basic goods returned to the stacks at the bottom of the board.
After your turn, it proceeds to the next player.
This repeats until the winning condition are met. A player has ten (10+) or more victory points.
Each good has a value in the bottom center-right, this is its trade value/cost. This value (and any other cards) may be used to purchase at any trade value. Any items to the left also indicate what items can be consumed to "produce" the good in which case the Produce action should be taken.
A good may be produced if it is on the left side of the board (separated by the deck) by using another good (or sometimes goods). the right of the deck indicates discarded cards, and while the discard may be checked you may not produce an item that is there Optionally you may always produce for a single (basic good) available on the bottom row - this is inefficient but sometimes necessary If you have multiple choices to produce, you can only select one to produce per turn, however some buildings allow you to do additional actions
Buildings are worth 1-2 Influence Points (VPs). Most buildings have an additional ability (a limited extra trade/consume phase), which is either one of the trades on the Conversion Chart or a trade of one or more specific goods for a given number of additional Influence Points. If the conditions on the top of the card are met you will have the option to play the card once during your turn, either before or after you Trade or Produce.
First Level (Beige)
All Basic Goods have trade value 1. The numbers after each good are the quantity available with 4/3/2 players.
- Wood (5/4/3)
- Expend two (x2) to produce Paling
- Expend to produce Coal
- Expend with Grain to produce Sheep
- Expend with Clew (yarn) to produce Fishing Rod
- Wheat (3/3/2)
- Expend to produce Flour
- Expend with Wood to produce Sheep
- Expend with Clay Brick to produce Cow
- Clay (3/3/2)
- Expend with Grain to produce Cow
- Expend to produce Clay Brick
- Stone (3/2/2)
- Expend to produce Stone Brick
- Expend to produce Fish
- Expend with Coal to produce Beam
- Cotton (2/1/1)
- Expend to produce Clew (yarn)
2nd Level (Blue)
- Paling (wooden boards) (Value 5, Quantity 2)
- Expend Paling to produce Barrel
- Coal (Value 3, Quantity 3)
- Expend with Stone to produce Beam
- Expend with Flour to produce Bread
- Flour (Value 3, Quantity 2)
- Expend with Coal to produce Bread
- Sheep (Value 5, Quantity 2)
- Reveal to produce Clew (yarn)
- Expend to produce Meat
- Cow (Value 5, Quantity 2)
- Reveal to produce Milk
- Expend to produce Meat
- Clay Brick (Value 3, Quantity 3)
- Stone Brick (Value 3, Quantity 2)
- Expend with Clay to produce Wall
- Fish (Value 5, Quantity 1)
- Clew (yarn) (Value 3, Quantity 2)
- Expend with Wood to produce Fishing Rod
- Expend to produce Cloth
3rd Level (Purple)
- Fishing rod
- Reveal to produce fish
Once you have a building a process will be "automated" for you, provided you have the necessary good(s) and the good is available on your turn. The buildings automation may only be done once during your turn. A building is "produced" by expending the good(s) listed at the bottom right in lieu of trading for its "cost".
Cost 6 (1 VP)
- If you have a cow you may produce a milk. Produce stone brick to make a dairy.
- If you have a grain then you may produce a flour. Produce clay brick to make a mill.
- If you have a stone then you may produce a stone brick. Produce clay brick to make a quarry.
Anatomy of Card
- Upper left, suit/level and value of card
- Bottom leftmost - what may be expended to gain the card if part of the same box (multiple must be used)
- Bottom, mostly Center - value of card for purposes of trading
- Bottom right (small) - total cards in deck
- Bottom (Buildings Only) - "Automated" Action which may be performed once a turn, if available