Jump to navigation Jump to search
"Illustori"(イラストリー) is a word chain game where you name artwork cards. The artwork name that the turn player chooses can be a sentence, a quote, an onomatopoeia, or anything. All it needs for chaining is the agreement from the other players.
The language option is important. Please choose a language that all players can understand.
- The first player can choose any word or phrase that represents their card, but the other players get to vote to accept or reject it.
- No player cards are reduced by the action.
- On each player's turn, they play one of the following actions:
- Select a card and input its name that chains the last artwork name.
- Select one or more cards and swap them.
- If they chained the artwork name, all players discuss where the name matches the artwork or not. After that, everyone (excluding the turn player) vote if they agree the naming fits.
- If at least half of players agreed, the word chain succeeded! The next player should chain artwork name with the succeeded one.
- If fewer than half of players agreed, the word chain failed. The turn player discards the played card and draws a new card. The next player should continue with the previous artwork name.
- Once someone places all their cards, that will be the last round. The game ends once the player who decided the first artwork name finished their turn. All players who placed all their cards win the game!
Word chain rules in English
These are the original rules for BGA that is easier than the one in the game's manual.
- Input artwork name's first and last letter with alphabet.
- The next artwork name should start with the previous artwork name's last two letters.
- ex: Moon
- Next starts "o" or "n".
- The player (maybe its very rarely...) who names an artwork using a word that ends with 'xx' will get a penalty. They should discard the played card and draw a new card from the stack.
Word chain rules in Japanese
- Input words' first and last letter with Katakana or Hiragana.
- The next artwork name should start with the last letter of the last artwork name.
- ex: つきよ
- Next starts "よ".
- Some letters have alternatives.
- ex1: ばしゃ
- Next starts "や".
- ex2: やかた
- Next starts "た" or "だ".
- ex3: ラッパ
- Next starts "は", "ば", or "ぱ".
- If the last letter of the artwork name was chōonpu, the very last letter becomes the starting letter.
- ex: ピッチャー
- Next starts "や".
- The player who names an artwork using a word that ends with 'ん' will get a penalty. They should discard the played card and draw a new card from the stack.
- There are no limitations about chaining words.
- Any "1 word"s and sentences (ex: "He Thinks about today's examination") are accepted only if half or more players vote to agreements.
- Vote whether you think it's OK or not.